We’re Hiring Fibre Laser Operators
We are Looking for Fibre Laser Operators
Hi-Tec Profiles Inc. is one of Western Canadas most respected providers of steel processing services. We are a Saskatchewan-grown success story with humble roots, driven by our entrepreneurial spirit and our commitment to excellence. Hi-Tec is characterized by its quality products, its leading-edge processing technologies, its prompt adaptation to market demands and its investment in the people of Hi-Tec, and their investment in Hi-Tec.
We are seeking Machine Operator(s) responsible for the operation of Fibre and CO2 laser machines.
- Title: Fibre Laser Operator
- Shift: Weekend – NIGHTS (6pm to 6am Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Perks: Weekend shift premium ($1 per hour)
- Top up of hours (work 36 hours – paid for 40 hours)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily machine startup and shutdown procedures on CNC cutting equipment.
- Stage raw materials at each work-centre for the day’s production.
- Load and unload machines.
- Maintain daily dust collector service and associated logbook in assigned area and report equipment deficiencies.
- Ensure production schedule follow through as allocated by the supervisors.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufacturers’ machine recommendations.
- Facilitate work-order paper flow in accordance with quality standards.
- Work harmoniously with all shop personnel.
- Assist in every aspect of the shop to ensure team harmony, efficiency, safety, productivity and organization.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in setting up and adjusting programs as needed.
- Available to work a variety of shifts for training (will start on days and after training will move to weekend evenings).
- Ability to inspect flat laser parts with precision inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read drawings.
- Be a Canadian citizen legally able to work in Canada.
Previous experience operating CO2 and/or fibre lasers is an asset but will consider training the right individual(s). The successful applicant(s) will be chosen based on suitability, qualifications, and management discretion.
Please apply with resume to Dana Schwartz via email Jobs@hitecprofiles.com by March 1, 2021.